Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Winter Wonderland Weddings-Belle Mer!

With the first days of winter only one month away this time of year I really miss my college days! Having just spent a weekend in Chicago with some of my Boulder crew...I can't help but think back on my CU (University of Colorado at Boulder) days. Had the time of my life...there is nothing like the "Boulder Connection"!  

After graduation I headed to Vail/Beaver Creek and lived in Avon (see below!!) and was a snowboard instructor at Beaver Creek. Those five years bring back such fond memories of the winter and with Ski season upon us...I truly miss my home away from home- Colorado!  

This wedding I stumbled on took my breath away and makes me so very nostalgic. I long for those snowy days, driving in the mountains, ratcheting down my bindings and hitting the slopes for a powder day, curling up by a fire with a hot toddy apres ski...oh how I love those Colorado Rockies

So inspired by this winter wedding...I start dreaming of a Winter Wonderland Wedding at Belle Mer in The Salon!!! It would be a dream wedding for me to plan & design. You must call Raina Dawn Events if you are interested (special rates will apply because I am so excited about the opportunity to plan design such a wedding in that space!)...and note there are amazing deals at Belle Mer in the winter season!!! : ) Call me!!







We just had to follow-up yesterday’s feature at Devil’s Thumb Ranch with another of James Christianson’s Colorado weddings … a wintery wonderland that left me in awe.
Katherine and Grant were married in November at the Beaver Creek Chapel in Avon, Colorado. Their reception was held at the Timber Hearth Grille in Cordillera, above Beaver Creek. I suppose when you plan a November wedding in Colorado you might expect snow, but this is just breathtaking. Looking at these photographs, it’s hard to believe Katherine was even chilly! {She found the vintage stole at a thrift shop.}
And what winter party would be truly complete without s’mores …

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting married in December and have been looking everywhere for a stole like your friends. Do you think she would possibly consider selling it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete